Monday, February 23, 2009

Running Shoes




Newton Motus Stability Trainer- Newton running shoes are what turned my stride into being very efficient. I am 100% sure they will keep me injury free. People will say though, " you trained in those when you got hurt." But these idiots do not realize that compartment syndrome is a hereditary injury, I could have been wearing any type of shoe. These shoes are specifically built for people who have a midfoot strike. Most running shoes have a huge heel, that encourages a heel strike, which leads to injuries. The heel is a bone you are not supposed to land on it. I will use these trainers for all types of distance runs. These shoes max out at around 400-500 miles.



Below is a video about the shoe, and a demonstration that shows why heel striking is bad on the second link















Newton Stability Racer- I will use these shoes for very fast paced runs and tempo runs. They are the same concept as the trainers, except they are a full ounce lighter at 9.4 ounces.


Nike Zoom Forever XC- Whatever shoe I am using to race, are the shoes I will be using for workouts. For this upcoming cross country season, these will be the shoes, so these shoes will be used for workouts. They are a very comfortable cross country spike that is very light and low to the ground. Nike makes some pretty mediocare trainers, but when it comes to racing spikes knobody comes close.


Barefeet- These are the best pair of shoes I own. I will run barefoot once a week for 30-40 minutes throughout the year. I believe it is imperative to strengthen the metatarsal bones and muscles in your feet. It will also make you more efficient, and that is the key to success, after speed of course.







No comments: