Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 2 Training

Monday 2/23

Today Instead of running in the nike free's, I decided to run in the tiger flats I had, which is just a flat bottom shoe. I was taking notes on my stride, walking and running, and realized that my feet need to rock back all the way after my midfoot strike so that my calf will stretch and lengthen. I could not do this in the frees because they are so high off the ground, and because of the heal lift. Once I get my newton's this problem will be fine. I ran in the onitsuka tiger flats alternating running and walking over 2 miles, and it was an entirely different experience. It was a very effective run, and my leg muscles are coming more and more to life. These shoes are a little too minimal for me right now, my stride is not efficient because I have not run in so long. Which is why the Newtons are needed, they really are sick shoes, they teach you how to run effortlessly. Still feeling good though.

Saturday 2/28

I took much of the week off because I was bummed that Elizabeth broke up with me, but then I met my cousins up in the city for some beers and I am a new man. I decided to wait untill today because I thought I should resume running once my newtons came in, but they didnt. But I ran anyway, I ran 400m/walk 200m for 2 miles. I felt good, and I was running pretty quick. Monday should be good, I am going to start full scale training with weight work now to get my upper body in better shape. My upper body doesn't feel strong when I am running. I am about 140-145 right now, I should be 130 by the end of the summer. If the furnace is hot it will burn anything, furnace has been innactive for quite awhile.

1 comment:

The Catharsis said...

I want to follow this. I'm a sucker for comeback stories. Was a runner myself. Stopped for a while. I'm toying around with the idea of running next year.